Australian Epoxy Floors
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Australian Epoxy Floors offer a three (3) year warranty from the date of purchase for protective coatings and associated products. (Product/s) purchased from Australian Epoxy Floors where failure has occurred in the opinion of Australian Epoxy Floors and such warranty shall be subject to the following conditions, terms and definitions:
- “Failure” is defined as voluntary detachment, sever blistering or cracking of the coatings.
Minor blistering not exceeding 3% of total floor area with intact blister caps, is not considered failure.
- The Product/s are applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions with attention to
surface preparation, mixing, application, curing conditions and in-service timeframes.
- Damage caused by impact, gouging point loads, misuse, general usage, or any mechanical damage is specifically excluded from warranty cover.
- In the event of Failure within the warranty period Australian Epoxy Floors may at its option and absolute sole discretion replace such Product/s that are defective in the opinion of Australian Epoxy Floors with the same or a similar Product/s or refund the purchase price of the Product/s that have experienced Failure in the particular area on a pro rata rate.
- Australian Epoxy Floors is not responsible or liable whatsoever for the cost of any damage or replacement of any flooring or effects caused by Failure.
- Australian Epoxy Floors is not responsible or liable whatsoever for any consequential damage including but not limited to loss or production of damages to plant
- Proof of purchase must be kept and presented to Australian Epoxy Floors upon making a
- Australian Epoxy Floors may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by them when the Product is found to be in good working order or failure and damage was caused by the purchaser’s / customer’s actions.
- The warranty will not apply if it is found that the Failure or damage was caused by the purchaser’s / customer’s actions.
- To the full extent permitted by law Australian Epoxy Floors will not be liable for any loss or damage to any third party no matter how occurring; or for any loss, emotional distress or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- To the full extent permitted by law Australian Epoxy Floors aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Products/s or, at Australian Epoxy Floors option, the cost of replacing the Product/s.
- To the full extent permitted by law Australian Epoxy Floors excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied which cannot by law be excluded.
- To the full extent permitted by law, Australian Epoxy Floors excludes all other liability to the customer/purchaser, and any third party for any costs, expenses, losses, emotional distress and damages incurred by the customer/purchaser, and any third party whether such liability arises in contract, tort including negligence or under statute.
- To the full extent permitted by law Australian Epoxy Floors will in no circumstances be liable to the customer or any other person for any direct, indirect or consequential losses or profits, revenue or business opportunity.
- The customer/purchaser indemnifies Australian Epoxy Floors and its officers, employees, contractors and agents against any costs, expenses, losses, damages and liability arising from the purchaser’s/customer’s use of the purchaser’s/customer’s use of the Product/s and any negligent or unlawful act or omission of the purchaser/customer.
- If any part of these warranty terms and conditions are found to be unenforceable then that part
shall be severed from this document and the remainder of the warranty terms and conditions shall
continue to apply.
- This warranty document contains all the terms and conditions of the warranty offered by Australian Epoxy Floors and no other representation shall form part of the warranty.
- Product discolouration is not covered under any warranties.
- All best trade practices and due care are taken to ensure adequate preparation, bonding and installation of the system in accordance with manufacturers technical advice. However our warranty is void should the system fail as a result of any of the following.
- Failure within substrate
- Failure within existing floor covering where product has been installed ontop of.
- Structural movement including stress fracture
- Mechanical damage
- Rising moisture and or prolonged exposure to moisture
- Oil or other contaminations
- Any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control
- Any Failure or damage caused by the purchaser’s / customer’s actions.
- Alteration of use contrary to that specified at the time of applications (i.e. warehouse converted to manufacturing area).
- Though precautions are taken, many systems are a handmade product and may carry some irregularities or imperfections. By accepting the quotation, you accept these aspects. All resin based floors are applied in a hand laid method of an artisan nature. Although all work is carried out in a tradesman like and professional manner there will be some minor imperfections in the finished floor, such as roller marks, reflective cracking, minor undulation, contaminants or trowel marks. By accepting the quotation you acknowledge that you are aware of these facts.
- We will not be held responsible for any debris, dust, flora, fauna, insects, excrement or fibres which may settle into the Coating while drying. When the term dustless grinding is used it refers to a standard practice used in the preparation process, It is unrealistic to assume that no airborne dust will be created and care must be taken by the client to provide adequate protection to plant and equipment and also for the removal of all stock and furnishings from the immediate area, in particular any food stuffs.